East Texas Shelters Open For Flood Victims
Flooding is a big concern throughout East Texas on this Wednesday thanks to the deluge of rain over the last 24 hours. Homes, businesses and lives have been interrupted with the onset of flooding in Rusk, Gregg, Panola and many other counties in East Texas. Temporary shelters have been opened up to provide relief for those affected along with a place to stay while the flood waters recede.
Residents may find shelter and assistance at the following temporary shelters:
- The City of Kilgore has issued a state of emergency for the city due to flooding.
- St. Lukes Methodist Church - 401 E. Main St.
- Chandler Church of Christ - 2700 Chandler St.
- Forest Home Baptist Church - 15746 County Road 173 North
- Longview Christian Fellowship gym - 2011 W. Marshall Ave.
- Henderson Civic Center - 1500 Lake Forest Parkway
- 305 E. Austin St.
If you have to take shelter in one of these facilities, you might want to remember to bring along some of the following items:
- ID - proof of residence and other important documentation
- prescription medication
- special dietary requirements
- baby formula and food
- disractions for kids (games, coloring items, electronics)
- chargers for your devices