Today is World Stroke Day
In 2006, the World Stroke Organization established today as World Stroke Day to help spread public awareness of the world's high stroke risk and stroke prevalence. The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association supports this annual campaign to educate Americans about the stroke warning signs and the importance of taking action immediately.
Here are a few ways to support the campaign:
- Download the Spot A Stroke F.A.S.T. Infographic and share on your social media.
- Learn more about stroke and the most common warning signs by downloading the F.A.S.T. mobile app.
- Order your Stroke Solidarity String to show your support
- Share the World Stroke Day social message and join the Twitter Chat, #StrokeChat, at noon today.
- If you are a health care professional share the Stroke Resource Center to educate the community about stroke.
- Share your story about Stroke at Take 2 for Stroke.