Coast Guard Lieutenant Targeted Notable Politicians And Media Figures Held Without Bail
A Coast Guard lieutenant is described as a "domestic terrorist" by prosecutors who had a hit list that included media figures and Democrats appeared in federal court yesterday (February 21) after being arrested last week on gun and drug charges.
According to the New York Times, found in the home of Christopher Paul Hasson's Maryland home was fifteen firearms, 30 bottles labeled as human growth hormone, and an opioid user.
Hasson works at the Coast Guard's headquarters in Washington D.C., and wrote a draft email back in June 2017 about dreaming about killing almost every last person on earth and to make matters worse he considered ways of how to pull it off by biological attacks, bombing, sniper attacks, and contamination of food supply.
Hasson's list of Democratic targets and media personalities include the following
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer
- 2020 presidential candidates Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, and Beto O'Rourke
- Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Maxine Waters
- MSNBC's Chris Hayes and Joe Scarborough
- CNN's Chris Cuomo and Van Jones
Christopher Paul Hasson is currently being held without bail.