Chris Brown’s Probation Ends, Rihanna Assault Case Closed
Brown, along with his attorney Mark Geragos, appeared in front of Superior Court Judge James R. Brandlin in a Los Angeles courtroom earlier today (March 20), the AP reports. Brandlin put a close on the X creator's Rihanna assault case after more than six years of being under the supervision of court and probation officials.
To celebrate the news, Breezy, who showed up to court with a new purple 'do, shared his excitement on Twitter. "IM OFF PROBATION!!!!!!!! Thank the Lord!!!!!!" the 25-year-old tweeted. The tweet has since been deleted.
"I couldn't be more delighted," Geragos said after the hearing. "He is in a spot right now and a place right now that I couldn't be prouder of him." The hearing was "a monumental feat for him," Geragos said of Brown.
The road to his probation's end hasn't been a smooth one. Since 2009, he's had his fair share of missteps including throwing a chair through a window after a Good Morning America interview in 2011; getting involved in a brawl with Drake at a New York City club in 2012; fighting Frank Ocean and his crew in an L.A. parking lot in 2013; punching a man outside of a Washington, D.C. hotel a year later and several other incidents. He served 108 days in jail last year after graduating from a 90-day rehab program for violating his probation.
Hopefully, this is a road to change for the embattled star.
See 10 Most Shocking Arrests in R&B