Tyler Public Library Hosting Flu Shot Clinic
Children under the age of 18 must meet the following criteria to receive this service at no cost.
- Enrolled in Medicaid, or
- Does not have health insurance (uninsured), or
- Is an American Indian, or
- Is an Alaskan Native, or
- Is a patient who receives benefits from Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP)
- Is underinsured
- Has commercial (private) health insurance, but coverage does not include vaccines; or
- Insurance covers only selected vaccines (TVFC-eligible for non-covered vaccines only); or
- Insurance caps vaccine coverage at a certain amount. Once that coverage amount is reached, the child is categorized as underinsured.
Children who are on Medicaid, Medicare or CHIP will need to present their id card at the time of service.
For those individuals who have Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Health Care or Cigna, NETPHD can file on the individual’s insurance. Please note that participants must contact NETPHD’s office prior to the event to get their insurance verified. NETPHD will not be able to verify insurance at the time of service.
Children who do not qualify or do not have any form of insurance will be assessed a $10 administration fee. For those 18 years and older who do not have insurance with either of the three insurance companies will be charged a $25 fee at the time of service. Payment may be in the form of cash or check with checks being made payable to NETPHD.
Flumist is not being offered this flu season per Center for Disease Control. For additional information, please contact NETPHD at 903-535-0030.
The Tyler Public Library is located at 201 S. College Ave. in Downtown Tyler. More information about the flu shot clinic can be found on the Library’s website at www.TylerLibrary.com or by calling 903-593-7323.