Tyler Police Make Arrests Surrounding Credit Card Skimmers in Texas
As you may or may not know, there's been an influx of credit card skimmers at gas pumps in Texas and In March, we wrote on increased reports of skimmers that steal credit card information in Marshall, Tyler and Smith County.
Tyler Police Department had some great news to share on Facebook! Working alongside multiple national and local agencies, arrests have been made in an ongoing investigation to battle the efforts of this rising criminal activity.
The five total suspects are from the Houston area and are suspected to be involved in this 'organized criminal enterprise', according to Tyler PD's press release. The investigation is ongoing and further arrests are expected in the future.
The list of agencies working together in this matter include:
- Tyler Police Department
- Smith County Sheriff’s Office
- U.S. Secret Service
- U.S. Secret Service Financial Crimes Task Force-Houston
- Bullard Police Department
- Houston Police Department
- Harris County Sheriff’s Office
- Texas Department of Public Safety – Criminal Investigation Unit
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement & Homeland Security
- U.S. Attorney’s Office
- Smith County District Attorney’s Office