This Little Girl Can Have Whatever She Wants for Christmas
An 11-year-old girl from Nashua, N.H., saved her family from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a faulty furnace in their house.
Officials say the girl noticed a strange odor in the house and called her dad on his cell phone. Her father then told her to get everyone out of the house and call 911.
Upon arriving, authorities reported that she and four other members of the family were experiencing dizziness and having trouble breathing. Once inside, crews measured dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide which they linked to the home's furnace in the basement.
The family was taken to the hospital for treatment but all are expected to recover without incident.
Crews have lauded the little girl as a hero. They also took the opportunity to remind citizens to install carbon monoxide detectors in their homes.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless and often odorless gas that can be toxic. An effective detector can be found in any home improvement or big box store for less than $40.