Amy Winehouse Cause Of Death Revealed
Amy Winehouse, best known for her ironic hit, 'Rehab', was discovered dead in her London home on July 23 of this year. An initial autopsy revealed the 27 year old's cause of death as "inconclusive". Now, according to sources, months later a coroner has revealed that Winehouse's cause of death was from extreme alcohol consumption. Her blood alcohol level was more than five times the legal limit.
Amy Winehouse stuggled with demons of substance abuse for several years, often publicly. At the time of the initial autopsy, no illegal drugs were found in her system, however in the room where her body was discovered were several empty bottles of vodka. Dr. Christina Romete who was Amy's personal physician said that the troubled singer began drinking again after a long period of sobriety. Her doctor also confessed to seeing Amy before her death saying that she was "tipsy but calm."
In an interview, Amy Winehouse's father claimed she may have died from an overdose of Librium, which is a drug that she was prescribed to treat her addiction. Amy's doctor said that the drug had nothing to do with Amy's passing.
Chris Goodman made a statement in the family's behalf stating:
"The court heard that Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time."